Starting from the Rubicon Trail entrance in Lake Tahoe located in Tahoma, CA, we tour to the renowned Rubicon Springs, Sourdough Hill, Ellis Lake, and Ellis Peak daily from May 25 through September 3. After Labor Day weekend we will run the same trails on Sundays-only through November 17th.
Rubicon Trail Jeep Tours & Rentals offers the following tour experiences:
1) $1,200 - a full day Ride Along guided trip for up to 4 guests who ride with us in our highly customized $90,000 Jeep Wranger Rubicon Edition Hard Rock. This tour follows the Rubicon Trail to the famous Rubicon Springs where we will relax amongst the waterfalls, the swimming hole with rope swing, and a quaint sandy beach along the Rubicon River. After reaching the Rubicon Springs we will relax and enjoy our picnic lunch on the sandy shoreline. After lunch, you can enjoy a fantastic swim, or take an optional hike up the Big Sleuce to visit the spectacular Buck Island Lake located on the fringe of the Desolation Wilderness, or roll out your yoga mat on the granite slabs and enjoy your most epic shivasana ever. Make sure to bring your bathing suit, picnic basket, hiking shoes, and yoga mat for a day of incredible adventure and scenery.
Disclaimer: This tour is not for the faint of heart or a naturally queasy type of person because it includes traversing both directions (downhill & uphill) of the Cadillac Hill segment of the Rubicon Trail. As a courteous and professional warning to those new to the trail, the Cadillac Hill segment is the most intimidating and difficult obstacle along the entire Rubicon Trail. And thus, reserving a tour that includes this segment is to be taken quite seriously. As an anecdote, we have seen guests pull out their rosary beeds and start praying The Hail Mary. So with all due respect to persons with varying degrees of appetite for challenges, please keep in mind that this tour may not be for everyone.
Note: We do not offer Jeep Rental Drive Along tours for this route as it is just too dangerous for anyone other than an expert driver who is specifically familiar with this particular trail. Additonally, breaking the vehicle is very easy to do and the Rubicon Trail is a one lane road used in two directions. When a vehicle is damaged and blocks the trail it creates a major inconvenience to the other trail users. We need to be considerate of others and not put inexperienced persons in the drivers seat and negatively effect the trail drivability and enjoyment of the experienced trail users.
So if you don't have your own very heavily armored and upfitted truck, and you don't belong to a club that shepherds new members on THIS trail, and you don't have a ham radio license, and you don't have SAT phone, and you don't have a relationship with a mechanic who will bring you parts and tools and will make on-trail repairs for you, and you don't have $3,000 to call a specialty 4x4 tow company in the event of total vehicle failure, and you don't have "life flight" insurance for a serious medical emergency, then don't put yourself in a situation that you will very likely regret and will disturb the qualified trail users who have paid their dues.
2) $600 - a half day Ride Along guided trip for up to 4 guests who ride along with us in one of our highly customized $90,000 Jeep Wranger Rubicon Edition Hard Rock. This tour starts out along the Rubicon Trail with a visit to Sourdough Hill overlooking the majestic Desolation Wilderness Study Area managed by the University of California, Berkeley. After this spectacular viewing treat, we contrinue on to visit the fairytale-like Ellis Lake for to enjoy a picnic lunch, and then up to Ellis Peak for 360* photo shoot at 9,000' elevation. After arriving here you will view THE MOST scenic place along the Lake Tahoe rim that is accessable via a 4x4 vehicle. This trip is absolutely spectacular. From a trail difficulty standpoint this tour is designated as moderate, though it does have an optional downhill section that will definately thrill.
3) $900 - a half day Drive Along* guided trip for up to 5 guests (one drives - see *note below) in one of our customized Jeep Wranger Rubicon vehicles. This tour starts out
along the Rubicon Trail with a visit to Sourdough Hill overlooking the
majestic Desolation Wilderness Study Area managed by the University of
California, Berkeley. After this spectacular viewing treat, we contrinue
on to visit the fairytale-like Ellis Lake to enjoy a picnic lunch,
and then up to Ellis Peak for 360* photo shoot at 9,000' elevation.
After arriving here you will view THE MOST scenic place along the Lake
Tahoe rim that is accessable via a 4x4 vehicle. This trip is absolutely
spectacular. From a trail difficulty standpoint this tour is designated
as moderate, though it does have an optional downhill section that will
* Drive Along tours require guest driver:
- must be over 25 years old
- must have a valid USA drivers license
- must have a major credit card in the same name as the reservations booking
- will maintain that themselves and all passengers in guest vehicle will wear seatbelts at all times while in vehicle
- will not to consume alcohol, nor ingest, nor partake in any form any substances that are illegal while driving a vehicle
- will operate vehicle following behind guide vehicle at all times unles specifically instructed otherwise by lead tour guide
- will be responsible vehicle inspection prior to tour and will subsequently be responsible for any and all damage incurred while driving vehicle, including recovery charges, and destination charges to repair facility in Sparks, NV
- will not act in a dangerous, flippant, careless, inconsiderate, rude, vulgar, unsavory, or any other kind of behavior deemed inappropriate by our tour guide and our tour guide may elect at his/her own will to immediately end the tour and all monies paid by guests will be forfeited entirely
- will not allow pets in vehicle
If you would like to have a customized trip for your family, friends, or
executive team, please contact us to discuss your specific interest.
We hope you will join us and get onto the Rubicon Trail for an experience of a lifetime. Rubicon Trail Jeep Tours & Rentals will create lasting memories of visiting one of the most exciting and beautiful places on earth.
To reserve your tour on the Rubicon Trail:
Call or Text 775-790-7579
Or email email@example.com
Check out our photo gallery for more pictures from the Rubicon Trail http://www.rubicontrail.com/gallery
To get back to the home page http://www.rubicontrail.com